Merge Field showing field name instead of actual data

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

Mac Yosemite

Description of the issue

Having a table called Vulnerability with a field called "name". When placing the field in a Merge Field, it does not display but shows <>. Seems to be an issue with this very database, which I created over the past couple of weekends. The problem persists with other fields and other layouts as well.

When placing the field on the layout as a "proper" Field, it displays correctly.

Recovered the DB. Emptied all the tables, re-entering the data. No change, i.e. same problem.

Steps to reproduce the problem

n/a

Expected result

Merge Field showing the actual value of the field.

Actual result

Merge Field showing the field name.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n/a

Configuration information

Same database has the same issue when opened with Version 12 on the PC.

Workaround

None found.

Screen_Shot_2014-11-19_at_19.06.07.jpg

• 1. Re: Merge Field showing field name instead of actual data
          TSGal

Helmut:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue under Mac OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite) and FileMaker Pro 13.0v3.

In Manage Database, check the field name to make sure there is no leading or trailing space(s).  If so, remove them.

Assuming the field is named properly, temporarily modify the layout and type <<name>> in the body part.  Go to Browse.  Does this work?

Create a new Text field "name1", enter some data, and change the merge field value to <<name1>>.  Does this work?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down possible causes.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.