2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 11:39 AM by TSGal

Minimum window height not working with low values

LSI-FileMaker-Developer

Summary

Minimum window height not working with low values

Description of the issue

Sorry if this has been posted before—I searched and couldn't find anything that referenced this particular issue… FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 11.0v1, FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0v1 Operating System(s) involved:Mac OS X 10.5.8, not tested on any other platform Detailed description of the issue:Any time I invoke a New Window or Move/Resize Window script step specifying a height of less than 144 pixels, FileMaker sizes the window to 144 pixels.  If I specify a value greater than 144 pixels, FileMaker properly sizes the window height.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database.2.  Create a script with, or attach a button to, the Move/Resize Window script step, and specify a value less than 144 pixels. 3.  Turn off the Status Area. 4.  Run the script or button and note the height of the resulting window. Expected Result:The total window height should be exactly the pixel height that you specified. Actual Result:The window will always be, at a minimum, 144 pixels high.  This includes 22 pixels from the title bar, and 15 of the 16 pixels from the bottom bar, whatever it's called. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:Here is a test database that illustrates this issue:http://www.larsonsystems.com/Window_Height_Test.zip (16 KB) This is important to me because I often create new windows to perform background tasks that the user shouldn't see.  I always want to specify 22 pixels to make the work window as small and unobtrusive as possible.  With the update to FileMaker 11, my users are now seeing the top portions of the layouts that were previously hidden, which is less desirable. Any workarounds that you have found:None