Summary

Missing Container Field Based on Field Size

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 64-bit

Description of the issue

I am using FileMaker Pro Adv 13. I have a table of photos that i am trying to save as a PDF. There are a few photos that report as . If i reduce the field size i am able to see the photo. I have tried all combinations of "Reduce to fit", "Enlarge to Fit" "Crop to frame" format options and nothing changes. The only correlation i can find is that the "missing" photos were taken with an iPad Mini. We use FileMaker Server so i had a coworker open the database on his computer which runs FileMaker Pro Advanced 12. All photos were visible without having to reduce the image size. This seems to be an issue with FMP Adv 13.

Attached is a screenshot of the same container field at 2 different sizes.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Attached are 2 screenshots that display the photo details for the missing photo.

17cmx13cm displays Missing Image
      8cmx7cm displays photo image

the photos are stored externally.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

2015-03-04_1130.png

• 1. Re: Missing Container Field Based on Field Size

Wade Porter: 

Thank you for the post. 

Some additional questions to assist us with narrowing this down:

1. Are the files externally stored?

2. If so, is Open or Secure storage being used?

3. Is “Secure Connections” being used? (Admin Console > Database Server > Security [tab] > Secure Connections)

4. If so, is “Enable progressive downloading” checked?

5. When the container shows the image missing, can the file still be exported?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Missing Container Field Based on Field Size
            mporter

Thank you for the reply.

1. Yes the files are stored externally

2. Open storage. I can see the photos on the server. The filenames match up as they should. 

5. Yes. You can export the photo when it says the photo is missing. I saved to to my desktop and everything looks fine. 

When i save the photo as a PDF most photos show up but the same problem photos are reported as "missing".

• 3. Re: Missing Container Field Based on Field Size

Wade Porter: 

Thank you for the reply. 

Is “Secure Connections” being used? (Admin Console > Database Server > Security [tab] > Secure Connections)

If so, is “Enable progressive downloading” checked?

I asked these two questions because this is different than using open or secure storage. If SSL is being used (Secure Connections), then the checkbox for “Enable progressive downloading” may need to be checked for the thumbnail to display for the FileMaker Pro 13 (Advanced) clients. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.