CharlesDWilliams

Summary

Missing Layouts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

I had about dozen layouts in my Filemaker Pro 12 database, and now all are gone but one?  There is one left with a generic title or description of "Table".

I even went back, and opened up several back-ups, and the same thing, all gone but for the one?

Anybody ever experience this happening to them?

• 1. Re: Missing Layouts
          TSGal

Charles D Williams:

Thank you for your post.

Layouts should not disappear.  One possibility is if you logged into the database file with restricted access.  Or, maybe the layouts have been set to hidden.  Pull down the File menu and select Manage -> Layouts.  Check the far left column and make sure there are checkmarks next to the layouts you want included in the layout menus.

If Manage -> Layouts only show one layout, then the others have been removed.

Make sure you are also not opening an old copy of the database file.  That is, if you have been working with a file with the same name in a different folder, this could also be the issue.  Search your hard drive for the file and see how many time it appears.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Missing Layouts
            CharlesDWilliams

Thanks for the quick reply.  But yes, my layouts did disappear!  Several co-workers, use the same dabase, different dbase file for each of us, all of their layouts disppeared as well.  I am not an expert, but, have used FMP since 5.0.  I did check under manage layouts, only the one layout is there.  Back-up copies, 2 years old, show the same thing.  I am thinking something happened, at our company network wise.  Very strange for six us to experience the same problem.  Even tried recovering, still same thing.

• 3. Re: Missing Layouts
              TSGal

Charles D Williams:

Thank you for the additional information.

In the database files from two years ago, what is the Modification Date?  This will let you know the last time the file was opened.

I see that you are running under Mac OS X 10.9.  If you have Time Machine automatically backing up your files, restore the file from a backup when it was last working correctly (perhaps a week ago?).  If you use any kind of backup service, see about restoring from a time when the file worked.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.