9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 4:05 PM by 5104919325FTN

Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout

rnusser

Summary

Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout

Description of the issue

FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 is still not capable to print a 100 page catalog without missing lines. When will this bug being fixed? Picture Left: FileMaker PreviewPichture Right: PDF page URL of Picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sogetes/4230660753/

• 1. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
          philmodjunk

Can you describe this more fully. I'm looking at your photo in Flickr and can't spot the missing lines. That's probably due to the non-english text and unfamiliar content.

In other words, what lines don't appear in this report that should?

• 2. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
            rnusser

It's the first line (part no. 4024.025) that is missing in the PDF and it is visible in the FileMaker preview.

Part no. 4024.037 is the product in line no. two.

Header height 46 pixels

Subsummary sorted height 248 pixels

Body height 357 pixels

Subsummary sorted height 9 pixels

Footer height 48 pixels

The bug was already in the .fp5 code base and was promoted to the .fp7 code base.

• 3. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
              rnusser

Product catalog page 30:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sogetes/4234858656/

Left side: FileMaker Preview

Right side: PDF print out

The last two products at the bottom show that the FileMaker sliding up function does not work properly. Space between product title and product description. In the printout the sliding up did work: no space between product title and product description.

Because of the sliding problem product no. 7069.200B is not visible in the preview of FileMaker but is the last product on page 30 in the pdf.

The combination of the two bugs:

(1) You may get what you don't see [page 30] and

(2) You may not get what you see [page 87]

• 4. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
                philmodjunk
                   Sliding has never worked in any but preview and/or print. This is considered expected behavior for filemaker.
                • 5. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
                  philmodjunk

I've used Filemaker for a very long time and haven't encountered any such issue nor have I seen any bug report posts here that would seem to correspond with this report.

I've created many reports that are similar to that shown with no such problem.

How are you generating the PDF? in a script? How are you setting up the preview? Perhaps there is some difference here that isn't immediately apparent to you.

• 6. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
                    philmodjunk

I briefly looked at your file...

I opened your file and examined the script attached to your Catalog Preview button:

Go to Layout [ “PRINT: Catalog German/French” (Preis) ]

Perform Script [ “SORT: Sort for Catalog” ]

Enter Preview Mode

I can see possible explanations as to why line items might be missing from this report. In the above script there are no steps taken to guarantee that the desired records are part of the current found set. Thus, if the records aren't present in the Preis table occurrence's found set at the time the button is clicked, the records won't be in the preivewed report on the Print layout either. Simply omitting a record by pressing Ctrl-T while on the Preis layout can omit a record from your found set and thus keep it off the report you'll preview when you click this button.

If you always want all records in your Preis table to be included, add one line to the above script:

Go to Layout [ “PRINT: Catalog German/French” (Preis) ]

Show All Records

Perform Script [ “SORT: Sort for Catalog” ]

Enter Preview Mode

If you don't want all records, then you'll need to perform a find as part of this script to insure that all the records you want are visible in the catalog report.

Hope that helps you out.

• 7. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
                      rnusser

FileMaker Pro 11.0v1 is still not capable to print a 120 page catalog without missing lines.

When will this bug being fixed?

Knowledgebase about printing problems:

# 5481

# 5609

# 4289

# 4745

# 4456

# 3217

but not addressing this problem.

• 8. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
                        philmodjunk

When I examined your file previously, this did not appear to be a problem with filemaker, rather your design took no steps to make sure the correct records were in the found set when you performed the script.

• 9. Re: Missing Lines in Product Catalog Printout
                          5104919325FTN

Well, this has nothing to do with the found set, the non printed records are on the found set.

You can see them in the browse mode, but there disappear on printing.

All just disappear between 2 pages. There are not at the end of the page, and not at the beginning of the next page.

This is an old FileMaker problem. Here, I would show some pic (a Harper's Magazine text from 2002) to see, what happens now.

Here there are ...

And here more details :