Missing script list

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

14 Advanced

Operating system version

OS X 10.10.3

Description of the issue

If a script is opened from the debugger there is no script list in case you need to look at another script.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open a script from the debugger window

Expected result

Script list be displayed as when open a script normally.

Actual result

No script list

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message(s)

Workaround

Keep using FM 13

• 1. Re: Missing script list
          hschlossberg

This isn't a bug.  If you need the script list, then do as you've always done: CMD-SHFT-S to open the ScriptMaker window.

• 2. Re: Missing script list
            hjgunn@mmedia.is

I never said it was a bug...

And as far as I can see this is a thread to report issues rather than just bugs

What's the use of introducing a scripts list and place it where the script steps list should be if they aren't consistent about it?

• 3. Re: Missing script list
              hschlossberg

For me, the part of this that is undesirable is that you can open an individual script window (through debugger or even through a layout button definition), and then later open the full scripting workspace to get the list of scripts... but then when you close the Scripting Workspace (it takes so much space), FileMaker also closes the individual script window you've been referencing.  I would say the most desirable solution would be that closing the Script Workspace window should NOT close other script windows.  Or alternatively, opening the main Workspace window when other script windows are already open should automatically bring those other scripts into the main window.