Thanks for posting.
I've been unable to reproduce the issue in the following configurations:
a. FileMaker Pro 11v4 on Mac 10.6.8 - FileMaker Server 11v4 on Mac 10.6.8
b. FileMaker Pro 11v4 on Windows 7 - FileMaker Server 11v4 on Windows Server 2008
Here are the steps I followed:
1. Using FIleMaker Pro, connect to the FileMaker Server Sample file
2. In Manage > Security create a new privilege set
3. Make changes to the privilege set (view fields, edit fields based on a calculcation, view layouts, etc.)
4. Duplicate the new privilege set
5. Save the current settings
6. Close the file
7. Using FIleMaker Pro, connect to the FileMaker Server Sample file
The result was that all of the changes I made with the privilege set remained. The duplicate privilege set also retained its previously saved settings. If there are any steps or variables I'm missing please let me know to better reproduce the issue.
In the meantime, try reproducing the issue in the FileMaker Server Sample file or even a brand new database. Does the issue still occur?
Well, it turned out that day that the file corrupted while I was working on it. It was restored from a clean backup and I made my permissions changes.
I modified the permissions again yesterday (changed all the limited to YES and went to do the limiting with scripts). Today, scripts weren't working and Lo and Behold, all the LIMITED had reverted back to LIMITED.
Now, it may be that the file got corrupted YET AGAIN (which I won't know until someone gets to the office and can check the backup logs), but you'd think this wouldn't keep happening.
Talked to our system admin this morning and he said the file is fine, according to the server logs. The last time there was a problem with the file was on Friday, when I posted my report here.