Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0.1 adv

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

Hi,

I'm trying to set up FM11adv for a managed install, as per the instructions on http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/fmp/fmp11_network_install_setup.pdf

This basically involves tweaking a copy in the install MSI file using Microsoft Orca, entering the licence code, organisation, etc. under the "Property" hash, then using msitran to create an MST file.

The instructions haven't changed much since version 9, and as I had success with version 9, 9adv , 10 and 10adv I wasn't expecting too much trouble.

However, no matter what I do to the AI_ORGANIZATION or USERNAME fields, the setup program blithely ignores it, although it does read my licence code in the AI_LICENSEKEY field!

This does not appear to be happening at the msitrans step, as I get the same results if I run the tweaked MSI files directly with msiexec.

Can anyone help me? Is there a something I'm missing?

Cheers,

Jon.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Edit the MSI file as per the instructions.

Expected result

An effective MST file which contains the product registration details.

Actual result

Licence key is recorded, but not the user name or organisation (this is an educational volume-licenced product, through Surf Diensten BV in the Netherlands, so the organisation data is vital!)

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Workaround

None

Outcomes