4 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 8:43 AM by TSGal

Multiple Issues When Linking Pictures (New to FM13)

dchou

Summary

Multiple Issues When Linking Pictures (New to FM13)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13 Advanced

Description of the issue

Hello:  Recently started looking at transitioning to FileMaker 13 (from 12).  Noticing a few issues with linked pictures in FileMaker 13 (not present in FileMaker 12).  Pictures speak louder than words -- see attached illustration.

(A)  Linked pictures that are transparent, are opaque/white where they should be transparent.

(B)  Linked pictures cut off the very top row of pixels (at least 1 row).  This is evident, for example in the illustrated, when the image is a shape that runs alongside the edges.  The left, bottom, and right edges show… but not the top.

(C)  Overall, pictures seem to be rendered poorly from their originals.  Generally evident in 'blurrier' images, however especially obvious when there contains text in the graphic itself.

Steps to reproduce the problem

See attached illustration.

Expected result

Actual result

FileMaker_13_Linked_Picture_Issues.png

• 1. Re: Multiple Issues When Linking Pictures (New to FM13)
          Markus Schneider

Try to import the graphics from scratch into the V13 version. Sorry for the short answer - the forum crashed on my iPad once again after I wrote the answer for the first time...

• 2. Re: Multiple Issues When Linking Pictures (New to FM13)
            dchou

I'd tried that as a first course of action (deleting the graphic in the container field it's referencing and copy/pasting into it again from my outside source).  Thought it might help at least 1 of the 3 issues, but didn't turn out to be the case.

• 3. Re: Multiple Issues When Linking Pictures (New to FM13)
              TSGal

Dan Chou:

Thank you for your post.

(A) There has been a previous report of transparent images not displayed properly when imported into FileMaker Pro 13.  When the images are imported into FileMaker Pro 12, and then opened with FileMaker Pro 13, the transparency then occurs.  Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue.  See another customer post at:

Image transparency not preserved in container fields in FMP13

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

(B) I am unable to replicate the issue with the upper border being cut off.  I have created a rectangle with a one pixel red border.  When I insert that image into a Container field, all sides of the border appear.  Since your screen shot is referencing the transparent image, if you insert the image into FileMaker Pro 12 and then display in FileMaker Pro 13, does this work?

(C) Can you tell me more about the Container field options?  That is, is the field set for interactive content?  Is the field set as "Reduce or enlarge image to fit"?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Multiple Issues When Linking Pictures (New to FM13)
                TSGal

Dan Chou:

This is no longer an issue in FileMaker Pro 14.0.1.  In the Inspector, click the Data tab, and under Data Formatting, there is now an option "Preserve PDF transparency".

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.