1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2010 1:57 PM by TSGal

My Object Info tool is damaged since attempting to download a trial version of FMP 10 for users

hedgycomet

Summary

My Object Info tool is damaged since attempting to download a trial version of FMP 10 for users

Description of the issue

I discovered that Macrovision's FlexNet was damaging my Adobe software access - and none of the Adobe solutions worked.  The recommendations were scattered and inconsistent but what was interesting is that users recommended trashing FlexNet.  That is not easily done on a PC.   However, low and behold there were FMP files associated with FlexNet folders.   Despite my removal and reinstall of my advanced 8.5 I cannot seem to get the lower two measure parts for Object Info to work  Please advise. 

• 1. Re: My Object Info tool is damaged since attempting to download a trial version of FMP 10 for users
          TSGal

hedgycomet:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Pro 9 used activation via FlexNet.  No other FileMaker Pro version used it, so it should not affect FileMaker Pro 8.5 nor FileMaker Pro 10.

With that said, I don't know why the lower two measurements of Object Info refuse to work.

Try creating a new layout and place one field on the layout.  With the field selected, show the Object Info and see if you can change either of the last two measurements.  If you can, then the original layout may be damaged.  If not, then try creating a new database file and try the same thing.  If this works, then the original file may be damaged.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.