1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 1:14 PM by TSBear

My published database does not appear on the Instant Web Publishing Homepage so I cannot acces it.

WilliamSanchez

Summary

My published database does not appear on the Instant Web Publishing Homepage so I cannot acces it.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Filemaker Pro Advanced 9.0

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

I followed the instructions to publish my database on Instant Web Publishing, but it has not appeared on the homepage. Have I failed to "share" the database?
      I am trying to access the database from my laptop, Windows Vista, Home Premium, Internet Explorer 8.0. The homr page appears, but no database.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I will try to publish other databases to see if the problem replicates.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No databases available.

• 1. Re: My published database does not appear on the Instant Web Publishing Homepage so I cannot acces it.

William Sanchez:

Sorry about the late response!

There are two things that could cause this.

1) The "Instant Web Publishing acccess to this file" option is set to No users. To resolve this, open your database and go to File -> Sharing -> Instant Web Publishing. From there, make sure your file is selected in the lower left hand corner and select "All Users" to the right of it.

2) The other possibilty is that you don't have an account with the fmiwp extended privilege enabled. To access an IWP database, at least one account needs to have this enabled. To do this, head into File -> Manage -> Accounts and Privileges (Security for FMP 11). From there, select the Extended Privilege tab, choose fmiwp and then click Edit. You should be presented with a dialog that will allow you to enable this extended privilege for whichever accounts you'd like to access with.

TSBear

FileMaker, Inc.