Named portals abort naming and all "go to" object calls default to first object
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Description of the issue
I named the second of two portals on a layout. All worked well. Later I duplicated the named portal on the same layout and Inspector complained of multiple naming. I deleted the duplicate portal and discovered that the original name for named second portal went away. FM then complained original name existed when I tried to replace original name in Inspector for my portal. Tried new different name, naming both portal new names, and bashing the screen with a bat, but nothing worked. All script calls to the second portal failed as the first portal was always selected. Needless to say I have a bunch of time in this since the last backup copy. My bad. Woe is me. Woe is me. Any suggestions. Just remembered the ungroup object trick. Will try that next. Back in a bit.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. create two portals to two different related TO's on one layout. One TO is self joined. The other is plain jane subordinate.
2. Name the second of the two portals to facilitate script selection.
3. Duplicate the second portal because you are an idiot. (Don't ask)
4. Delete the duplicate of the 2nd portal.
5. Discover portal naming now missing.
6. Discover FM believe name still exists (somewhere)
7. Discover all subsequent renamings and other black magic does not work, as all commands to go to the 2nd portal no matter how named abort to the first portal regardless of whether I name it George Washington or Benedict Arnold. Argh.
script call for named second object goes to second portal which was first named.
All script calls now go to first portal like a dog beamed on a cat. No shouting or name calling has any effect.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
You are an idiot. Try another line of work.
My head is . . . never mind.
Top shelf burbon, straight.