1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 11:33 AM by philmodjunk

Need to save login information on Filemaker go 12 for people to use database

cmccutcheon2

Summary

Need to save login information on Filemaker go 12 for people to use database

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

IOS

Description of the issue

I am making a database to store case records for the executives at my company.  They need to be able to just click on the FM go app and see the data.  At present they must login every time to view info.  I need to database to be able to save the login info so they never have to sign in again.  I have looked and cannot find a solution to this problem.  I tried using fmreauthenticate keyword but it still asks for the login anyways.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Happens every login

Expected result

No login dialog window bypass login on database entry

Actual result

Login almost every time viewing database.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no errors

Configuration information

Using FM server advanced 12 to host database.

• 1. Re: Need to save login information on Filemaker go 12 for people to use database
          philmodjunk

This part of the forum is intended for reporting possible software bugs. For assitance with using FileMaker GO, please post your question to the FM GO Forum (See tab at top of screen).

But as a new iPhone owner, I have an idea. Perhaps you can set up your database with the iPhones persistent ID (Get ( PersistentID) ). Then you can set up an account and password in FileOptions so that the file opens with extremely limited privileges but then uses ReLogIn with the result of Get (PersistentID) to open the file when the user is opening the file on an iPhone. A relogin with no account name and password specified can be popped up for other users.