Network Setting auto-resetting to "No users"

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP12.0v5

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.8

Description of the issue

We use FMP12 for two databases and I've recently noticed that the Network Settings on one of them keeps switching to "No users" despite Network Sharing being on and my clicking "All users".  I can click "All Users" and within a few minutes I can't access the database on another computer because it has automatically switched back to "No users".

As I work from home half the time, it's more than a little annoying.

Steps to reproduce the problem

In an attempt to fix the problem, I did a Recover on the file, which told me there were no issues.
      I reset the Network Settings to "All users".

Expected result

"All users" remaining selected until manually changed.

Actual result

After a few minutes on my computer (which stores the file and, on a separate attempt, after another user opened the file, it had reverted to "No users".

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message or notification appears.

Workaround

I have to monitor & change back to "All users" periodically throughout the day.

• 1. Re: Network Setting auto-resetting to "No users"
          TSGal

Jenni Donohoe:

Thank you for your post.

Check to see if you have any scripts with the script step:  Set Multi-User [ Off ].  This would account for the file reverting to "No users".

Assuming this isn't the case, Recover will try to make the file usable, but it is not a cure-all solution.  Since this issue is still occurring with the recovered file, I would recommend using a backup file prior to this issue happening.  Import the data from the recovered file into the backup file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.