FileMaker Server

Version

v12.0.3.327

Operating system version

Win 2008 R2

Description of the issue

Situation:
        1. Our server/license are hosted in the cloud
        2. We are trying to move off of individual VAPP connections using RDP and move to VM's 2X for connectivity to save a bundle in connection fees, but before we do --> We/I need to control how many users are logged into each account...to prevent over usage of the FM license.
        3. The account control is in the FM Application

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Just creating a log file does not account for users that just close the file or crash.
      2. I have ben trying to use  a DDE Call to generate a file that can be read in a parsed. God awful painful and cumbersome.

Expected result

Need:
        1. We need to be able to create/use a client side script upon entering an initial screen that properly accounts for the access.
        2. Goal - If the account has already been fully subscribed by the number of users permitted, send a message and automatically log the person out and generate an error log report.
        3. Thus we would like to send the server a direct STATUS command via script (admin level password required - let's not leave any back door open) that would report back a LIST of clients CURRENTLY logged in either to a target FM table w/timestamped records or a file that can be parsed.

Actual result

The lack of a solution more than doubles my cloud hosting costs.