New forum posts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v4

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

Don't really know if this is the right place to post, but I have a simple question.
      Whenever I try to post a new post in the forum, I see at the bottom, "1 subscriber will be emailed when you post......"
      Is this a moderator?  I don't have any friends in my profile or belong to any groups.   Who is this guy?
      Just wondering.

Steps to reproduce the problem

See screen shot

Expected result

See screen shot

Actual result

See screen shot

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

SS2.png

• 1. Re: New forum posts
          TSGal

STEVE MARTINO:

Thank you for your post.

This is a public forum, and any registered user can subscribe to any message or message board.  From what I see at the bottom of this post, forum users "shin" and "Fred" are subscribed.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: New forum posts
            SteveMartino

Hi TSGal, thank you for your reply.  This actually isnt a post (yet).  The subsciber shows up when I start a new thread (post), not when I'm responding to someone elses post.

Seems like this person is subscribed to me and every new post I make.

Just wanted to know how come every time I post a new post, this person gets an email.

Thanks

Steve

• 3. Re: New forum posts
              philmodjunk

This happens when the subscriber subscribes to the Forum Section--not just an individual thread within it. (Gee guys, you must like getting a LOT of email! surprise)

For awhile, someone was subscribed to the FM Pro Forum. Think how many emails that poor email account got in a single day!

• 4. Re: New forum posts
                SteveMartino

Thanks Phil.  That better answers my question.

Steve