Summary

No "Show all" after recovery

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

My database file was corrupted and I ran a recovery. However, if I press "show all" it displays as if the database is empty (0 of 0). However if I search for any item on the database its all there. How do I get my "show all" to start working again?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: No "Show all" after recovery
          philmodjunk

There is no guarantee that Recover will return your file to perfect working order. Most often it does, but not always. You might try a second recover, or maybe just use the advanced recover options to re-index your file without making any other changes. "Best Practice", however, would be to take a clone of an undamaged back up copy and import all the records from your recovered file into the clone, resetting serial number fields as needed.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

If you have FileMaker 11, you can use Advanced Recovery options to rebuild your file's indexes:

1. With the file closed, select Recover from the File Menu.
          2. Select "Use advanced Options"
          3. Select only: "Copy File Blocks as-is" and "Rebuild Field Indexes Now".