7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 9:35 AM by Steve Wright

NO AND NO : Import order changes when fields are added IS NOT A FEATURE !

Vincent_L

Summary

NO AND NO : Import order changes when fields are added IS NOT A FEATURE !

Description of the issue

Hi, Today on fmkba twitt a new article came out :http://www.filemaker.com/support/kb/?answers/detail/a_id/7683  Import order changes when fields are added to the table and the imported file has more fields than the original tableI noticed my import order changed and information is being imported into fields I didn't specify.  How come? "Import order changes when fields are added to the table and the imported file has more fields than the original tableI noticed my import order changed and information is being imported into fields I didn't specify.  How come?" Yes, you betcha, How com ? The proposed resolution is this : RESOLUTION (???!!!! ??) : "…be sure to revisit all Import Records script steps affecting that table and update the import order so the newly added fields are removed from the import order" This is not a RESOLUTION it's a A WORKAROUND. Now, I don't know if I must be happy for new users to at least have a article on kb, or if this is an unbelievable way for filemaker to NOT fix it because it's considered a feature ! ? So I'm here to post this THIS A NEFARIOUS BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED, that's plain and simple, it's just this.