Summary

No more alpha-keystrokes when in menus

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.x

Description of the issue

I used to use the page up, end and home keys to quickly find my way through the various menus in FMP - relationships menu in Portal Setup, Layout selection menu,  or the calculation dialog. I also sometimes use alpha characters to quickly go to a listing there or in other menus. All gone. Now when I try this, it simply closes the menu. The switch to Cocoa seems to have removed this feature.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Go to the Portal Setup dialog. Select the Relationship menu. Hit the Home or End key.

Expected result

Menu remains open and scrolls to top or bottom.

Actual result

Menu closes.

Workaround

Work less efficiently. Overbill clients as a result.

• 1. Re: No more alpha-keystrokes when in menus
          TSGal

Alchemy Group:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem with FileMaker Pro 11.0v2 running on Mac OS X 10.6.6:

1. I open a database file with 40 tables and 46 layouts.

2. On one of the Layouts, I add a Portal, select the "Show related records from:", and I'm able to use Page Up, Page Down, Home and End keys, and the selection jumps to the first and last entries (depending on key pressed).

3. On the Layout drop-down, I can use the same keys, as well as alpha keystrokes to move to the appropriate selection.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem here.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: No more alpha-keystrokes when in menus
            srciaran

I have seen this behavior come and go intermittently. I think it might have something to do with having FMPA 10 and 11 open at the same time, but I can't swear to that. Thanks for checking into it - I will try to narrow down the circumstances in which it happens and let you know.