JohanTunzi

Summary

No new record appears in portal while using Instant Web Publishing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

No new record appears in portal using Instant Web Publishing.
      (allow new record in relationship is on)

• 1. Re: No new record appears in portal while using Instant Web Publishing
          TSGal

Johan Tunzi:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem with FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 running under Mac OS X 10.6.8.

I have a table named Line Items with an "Invoice_ID" field and all other information.  I have an Invoice table linked to Line Items via "Invoice_ID" field.  I have one record in Invoice table and five matching records in the Line Items table.  I turn on Instant Web Publishing access.  On two other machines (Windows XP Internet Explorer 8 and MacBook Safari 5.0.5), I launch a browser and access the hosted file.  If I add a record to the Line Items Table (with the same Invoice_ID) and then switch to the Invoice table, I see six records.

In the hosted file, I set the link in the relationship for the Line Items table to "Allow creation of records in this table via this relationship".  After saving, I return to the other machines, switch to the Line Items table and back to the Invoice table, and I'm able to add a record to the portal.  After submitting to add the record, I switch back to the Line Items table, and the new record is listed.

Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to duplicate the problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: No new record appears in portal while using Instant Web Publishing
            JohanTunzi

The thing is, working with the internet browser, after filling in content in the first field, normally a new record should automatically be made and subsequently appear in the portal just below the first record. It does work well ofcourse while working in the native mode, but does not so with the internet browser...

If I remember well, because my atttention is occupied with the designing and building of this new program, the problem wasn't there at first. It appeared just a few days ago, figuring out to make a script or so with a button for making an new record in the subtable. Only for the internet.

I hope that this makes the description more clearer, please let me know if you need any more specific info.

Johan Tunzi

• 3. Re: No new record appears in portal while using Instant Web Publishing
              TSGal

Johan Tunzi:

I'm still unable to replicate the problem.  I add a record to the portal, click Submit to save the record to the database file, and a new empty row appears below the last record so I can add another record to the portal.  Since this is not occurring for you, I would like to see your database file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.