no print button

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

filemaker go 1.2.1 for ipad

Operating system version

iOS 4.3.1

Description of the issue

In filemaker go 1.2.1 for Ipad when i go the print setup menu there is no print button showing in the window, i've tried with both local and shared databases, with different views but it's always the same. I can access the print option and the PDF options but there's no print button appearing in the window.                                                                                                                          

Pierluigi

Foto.png

• 1. Re: no print button
          rmanook

Hi Pierluigi Macchiarella:

Thanks for posting.

Just to verify, when you go to Gear icon > Print do you see a blue button in the top right corner of the window that says Print?  Is the only button you see at the top of the screen just the Menu button in the top left corner of FileMaker Go?

Thanks,
          tsturtle
          FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: no print button
            pmacchiarella

There's no print button, only the menu button on the left corner.

Pierluigi

• 3. Re: no print button
              rmanook

Is it possible to get a screenshot of the print setup window?

Also, please allow me to verify:
              - Does the print button appear in another app such as Safari or Mail?
              - The print setup screen is being directly accessed via the Gear icon > Print and not any scripts, correct?

Thanks,
              tsturtle
              FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: no print button
                pmacchiarella

The print button appears in Safari, Mail and other apps

I access the print setup screen via the gear icon but I also tried to print via a script but it didn't work.

I enclosed a screenshot in my main post.

Pierluigi

• 5. Re: no print button
                  rmanook

Pierluigi:

Thanks for the follow up; this is definitely an odd one.

I'll go ahead and forward this to the Development team.  I forgot to ask previously, but can you verify the version and model from Settings > General > About?

For example:
                  Version: 4.3.2 (8H7)
                  Model: MC769LL

Thanks,
                  tsturtle,
                  FileMaker, Inc. 

• 6. Re: no print button
                    pmacchiarella
                    Version : 4.3.1 (8G4) Model: MC497TY I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app but it didn't work.
                    • 7. Re: no print button
                      rmanook

Pierluigi:

Thanks for the follow up.

I am still unable to reproduce in a similar configuration and setting the iPad to the same language.  Please allow me to continue ruling out variables:

- When you uninstalled, did you reinstall through the app store on the device?  If so, try uninstalling and then reinstalling through iTunes.

- is it possible to update to 4.3.2?

- Go to Gear Icon > Print > PDF and save a PDF.  If you open that saved PDF and click on the icon in the upper right corner of the window, do you get the option to Print?

- Can we reset the device settings?

- Can we close FileMaker Go, set the language to English, and reopen FileMaker Go?

- Do you have another iPad with the same results?

Thanks,
                      tsturtle
                      FileMaker, Inc. 

• 8. Re: no print button
                        pmacchiarella
                        Problem solved, after upgrading to 4.3.2 the print button appears on the window and everything works fine. If it can help you i've tried all the options you suggested with no luck, only the os update solved the problem. Is it normal that some layouts in my solutions don't show as pdf ( i get a grey page with an icon and the pdf filename ) but they print well? Thank you very much for your help Pierluigi