AnsweredAssumed Answered

No Set Field error in find mode

Question asked by LaRetta_1 on Jan 11, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 by TSGal

Summary

No Set Field error in find mode

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FMPA 9.0v3  Operating System(s) involved:Windows XP Professional 2002 SP2  Detail description of the issue:I was reminded of this bug in a current post http://forum-en.filemaker.com/fm/board/message?board.id=FM-en-4&thread.id=36388  so I thought I'd mention it now.  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:Create following script:  Set Error Capture [ On ]  Enter Find Mode [ uncheck pause ]  Set Field [ anyTable::anyField ; any value ]  Show Custom Dialog [ Get ( LastError ) ] … or use debugger  Perform Find [ ]… this works perfectly. Now:  go delete the field listed in the Set Field[] step (from table definitions).  In the script, it will turn into < field missing > Now run the script again.     Expected Result:It should produce error 102 (field is missing) which it does when in browse mode when you attempt to set a field with a value.   Other errors work in find mode, such as: 101 (record is missing) … can be generated if layout points to unknown table occurrence.5 (…SetField  script step does not have a calculation specified) 105 (layout is missing)  and so forth  Actual Result:No error is thrown Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:None  Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:It would sure help if we knew which errors can possibly be thrown by which script steps.  Any workarounds that you have found:None

Outcomes