4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2008 11:08 AM by AndreasT

no unicode support in pop-up menu with value list / problem with unicode combining characters

jeutzsch

Summary

no unicode support in pop-up menu with value list / problem with unicode combining characters

Description of the issue

Unfortunately, FM does not seem to support unicode in pop-up menus.At least in my particular case, a pop-up menu based on a value-list containing unicode characters such as ʊ, ɔ, ʃ etc. or even a superscript h (ʰ) returns only "?" for all these characters.This is very unfortunate because the individual items from this value-list consist of these individual characters. Thus, a pop-up menu like this:ʊɔʃʰlooks like this:????which makes it very hard to choose the correct value if they all look the same. Once the item has been selected, it is input correctly in the field.Does anyone know how to fix this? or is it a general bug? If so, is FM planning to fix it?The other unicode problem I have is inserting the combining characters:̚ and ͡    (unicode: 031A and 0361)directly into any field (even when the field's font supports the character) - I instead have to use an external text editor to write the character, then copy and paste it into the FM field.Any ideas why this doesn't work?I am running FileMaker 9.0v3 on a MacBook Pro with MacOS (10.5.5)