To better document the issue, which export option did you use? Save/Send Records as | Excel or Export Records?
Since there are both methods, have you tried both with this layout?
Thank you for posting.
The message: "FileMaker has stopped working. If a solution is found you will be notified" is generated by the Windows 7 '"Action Center", the settings for which can be found in the operating system's Control Panel. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide us with any information to help understand why the program stopped working.
To isolate that, we need to understand the conditions under which this one layout fails to export successfully:
- Did the layout ever export properly after the conversion for FileMaker Pro 7?
- Are you using any scripts on this layout?
- When you "use another layout and modify" are you saving that to replace this one that crashes?
- Does the problem layout contain any fields that the others do not?
- Are all your programs up to date?
If you can provide additional details, it will help narrow down possible causes.
1. With use of Filemaker 7 I was given the option to select fields to export. After upgrade to 11 the program closes before this option is given.
2. no scripts
5. newly installed filemake 11.