Summary

ntdll.dll appcrash

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

windows 2008 R2 terminal server 64bit

Description of the issue

2 users out of 15 experience appcrash of filemaker pro. Users have limited rights on the server, installation of any applications is prohibited for them.

Steps to reproduce the problem

login as one of 2 users with an issue, start filemaker pro, appcrash

Expected result

open up filemaker without any problems

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Faulting application name: FileMaker Pro.exe, version: 10.0.3.303, time stamp: 0x4a3ad6bc
      Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7ab86
      Exception code: 0xc015000f
      Fault offset: 0x00084441
      Faulting process id: 0x309c
      Faulting application start time: 0x01cc47a431dbf0c0
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 10\FileMaker Pro.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
      Report Id: 711daa30-b397-11e0-9575-4040da6af10c

Workaround

created a blank user test1

• 1. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
          philmodjunk

Searching my Known Bugs List database for "ntd.dll" brings up the following link. It was encountered in a different situation, so I can't tell if it applies to yours at all or not, but you can check out the thread and decide for yourself. It includes a work around you can try out:

For More Information see:    FM-Webserver crash on IIS 7.5 with FM Advanced Server 11

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:   http://www.4shared.com/file/8orL8apk/FMP_Bugs.html

• 2. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
            OlukunleOjo

I have a similar problem running filemaker 10 on xenapp 6 Windows server 2008 R2. It only affects a few users. This is the error message from the log.

Can you help?

Problem signature:
              Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
              Application Name: FileMaker Pro.exe
              Application Version: 10.0.3.303
              Application Timestamp: 4a3ad6bc
              Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
              Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
              Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7ba58
              Exception Code: c015000f
              Exception Offset: 000845c1
              OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.18.10
              Locale ID: 2057
              Additional Information 1: 0a9e
              Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
              Additional Information 3: 0a9e
              Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
              http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
              C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• 3. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
              bobavritt

I am having the same issue. The proported fix posted above appears to have nothing to do with this issue. We are not seeing an issue in IIS.

The bug page has over 40 pages to dig through.

Same error as above and only affects 2 users at this point. Anyone have a fix for this?

Our environment is Windows Server 2008R2 RDS session funning Filemaker PRO 10.

Trying to get the client to upgrade, but in the mean time need a fix for this right away!

Thanks,

Bob

boba@virtuecom.com

• 4. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
                philmodjunk

This thread is over a year old. Posts to it no longer cause the thread to pop up in Recent Items. I suggest that you start a new thread describing your specific version, OS etc plus a detailed description of the problem.

• 5. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
                  shockey

I have run into this issue on a mission-critical install. Client spent a lot of money going to Terminal Services in order to get better WAN performance. Every time we send an email using the Outlook '13 install, FMP crashes upon the user hitting Outlook's Send button. The two pertinent lines in the crash log are: 

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 12\FileMaker Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

This is happening even when in a local (non TS) session. Is there any news on this at all? Seems like it has been an issue since FMP 10. 

• 6. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
                    tomasd

I am having ntdll issue too (when closing Filemaker 12; not solved yet).

You can install Windows Debugging tools and attach to Filemaker Pro.exe process. Then you can debug error and get a little bit more info. But is is work for advanced PC user or programmer.  Maybe the error is in some plugin.

Ntdll error is caused by wrong 'communication' between OS and Filemaker. This kind of error has more users.It is near impossible to reproduce the error with different files (or OS). And because Filemaker.exe has no client logger, the issue report will be always insufficient for Filemaker programmers. They should debug this error on your computer directly or with your files, but they don't

(it is Windows not Mac cheeky, I hope this is not the case)

• 7. Re: ntdll.dll appcrash
                      jessicar

At PhilModJunk's recommendation I have started a new  thread: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts?postTypeName=Issue+report&view=full