Objects in portal row will not hide in Preview Mode
Operating system version
Mac OSX 10.9.4
Description of the issue
I recently upgraded to FMPA 13 and have run into a hitch. I have searched the layout and printing forums but have not found a relevant discussion. I have a door hardware schedule that I built some time ago in FMP 11. In the portal rows I have two objects (for triggering scripts) that are set under Object Visibility to 'Hide when printing' - seems simple enough. In FMPA 12, in Preview Mode, the objects do not show. In FMPA 13, in Preview Mode they show. When I go to print a PDF, the supposedly hidden objects are there - not in the FMP 12 versions of the PDF. This seems stupidly simple but what I am I missing? There's nothing fancy in this setup - no scripts to trigger/toggle visibility. Whatever I'm seeing seems to fly in the face of a longtime predictable configuration option. Bug?
1 Layout mode with selection
2 Preview in FMPA 13
3 Preview im FMPA 12
It does seem you have uncovered something FM should take a look at. Using same version and OS as you I can replicate the problem in a test file of mine as well as on your file in some circumstances, as follows:
1. It only happens for objects within a portal
2. Set to list view, the object will appear in the portal in one record on the page (usually the first, but not always) but not the others
3. Still in list view, still in preview mode, navigate to another page of the report and back again—sometimes the hidden objects will be visible on one of the records on the next page also, but not necessarily the same record each time
4. In form view much the same happens—hiding will work on most records but appear on maybe one, usually the first but not always
5. Still in form view, still in preview mode navigate to another page then back again—objects that were visible are now hidden
6. After a bit more fiddling around in my test file the problem went away completely
It all seems to add up to inconsistent behaviour. I suggest you submit a bug report to FM.
Steps to reproduce the problem
See above. See also discussion in Developer Forum
File is also attached in developer forum post.
Object in portal row set to 'hide when printing' does not display
Object in portal row set to 'hide when printing' displays regardless of setting. In attached image, the OK and red X are set to hide, but show anyway.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Open file FMPA 12.x - works fine