Summary

Objects not obeying anchor settings

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

WIndows 7

Description of the issue

I have 3 text objects which are all set to anchor to top and left of screen. They are not part of a tab object. When in browse mode the 3 objects stagger diagonally across the page. If i go into layout mode then back into browse it fixes it self but when scrolling to another record and then coming back they appear stagger diagonally again.

Bug.png

• 1. Re: Objects not obeying anchor settings
          philmodjunk

So "postcode" stays where it should but "city" and "suburb" do not?

Items with top, left anchors only, should stay put and not change postion or size when you resize your window.

If you create a brand new layout with these same elements ( but not pasted from this one), do you get the same result?

Might be a damaged layout.

• 2. Re: Objects not obeying anchor settings
            james_quiggins

Hello kevin mortimer:

Thank you for posting.

I am unable to replicate this issue locally. Check your inbox at this top of the page for directions on how to submit your file.

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 3. Re: Objects not obeying anchor settings
              james_quiggins

kevin Mortimer:

Thank you for submitting your file.

Even with your file locally on my Windows 7 machine I am unable to reproduce the behavior. I'm unsure if the compression of zipping the file for transmission could've resolved a small amount of corruption. Attempt saving a compact copy of your file and see if the behavior remains on your machine.

Also, after changing the fill color of the objects I did notice the object size changing drastically due to the conditional formatting applied to each object. Attempt removing the conditional formatting and see if the behavior remains. 

If we can establish a set of features used on your machine to reproduce this behavior, I can submit this issue to Development and Testing. Have you attempted to replicate this behavior in a new sample file?

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 4. Re: Objects not obeying anchor settings
                kevinmortimer_1

I am also using a  20 inch monitor so stretching may be more exaggerated. I have found following work around. The text was paragraph aligned to the right when i changed this to paragraph aligned to the left the issue disapeared.

So there may still be an issue with text paragraph aligned to the right but anchored left where the conditional formating font size is greater than or equal to the object text size. Issue most noticable when using conditional formating font size 72. The bigger the number the more noticable is the text sliding to the right.

I hope this makes sense.

• 5. Re: Objects not obeying anchor settings
                  james_quiggins

Hello kevin mortimer:

It makes perfect sense. 

If you reszie the object's native state to accommodate the 72pt font does the issue still happen?

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.