3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 7:10 AM by TSGal

Objects within portals selected to be hidden during printing still print anyway.

GaryQuamme

Summary

Objects within portals selected to be hidden during printing still print anyway.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

OSX 10.9.3

Description of the issue

After I upgraded to FMP 13 last night, small icons that I had on portal rows still print even though each item has the box checked to make it invisible when printing. This never happened until moving to version 13.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I created a new layout, placed a portal with the same relationship on the layout, and put one field and a simple box on the row. After marking these two times to be hidden while printing, they still show up in Preview Mode, and on a printed page. I also assigned other relationships to the portal, just in case there was some other error, but the result was still the same.

Workaround

I have found no suitable workaround yet.

• 1. Re: Objects within portals selected to be hidden during printing still print anyway.
          TSGal

Gary Quamme:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  These are the steps I have taken:

1. I created a file (Test.fmp12).  The first table is named "Main" and contains two fields:
                  ID (Number)
                  Name (Text)

2. The second table is named "Phones" and contains two fields:
                  ID (Number)
                  Phone (Text)

3. I linked the two tables together via the field "ID".

4. In Main, I entered one record with ID=1 and Name="TSGal"

5. In Phones, I entered five records all containing ID=1 with the following values for Phone:
               408-555-1212
               415-555-1212
               510-555-1212
               925-555-1212
               831-555-1212

6. In the Main layout, I created a portal into Phones table showing only the Phone field.

7. In the portal, I added a rectangle with a red fill, and in the Inspector, under the Data tab and the Behavior section, I added the condition under "Hide object when" to:    Left ( Phones::Phone ; 3 ) ≠ "408"

8. As expected, the red box only appears for the portal row where the Phone number begins with "408"

9. When I switch to Preview, the lone box appears.  The box does not appear for the other rows.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Objects within portals selected to be hidden during printing still print anyway.
            TSGal

Gary Quamme:

One of the other support technicians (TSFalcon) pointed out that you were using "Hide when printing" from the Inspector -> Position -> Sliding & Visibility.

I can definitely replicate the issue, and our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue.  Another person on the FileMaker forum has also encountered this issue at:

Non Printing objects in Portal will Print

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

Until this is changed, use the workaround outlined in my previous post.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Objects within portals selected to be hidden during printing still print anyway.
              TSGal

Gary Quamme:

This issue has been fixed in FileMaker Pro 14.0.1.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.