Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. These are the steps I have taken:
1. I created a file (Test.fmp12). The first table is named "Main" and contains two fields:
2. The second table is named "Phones" and contains two fields:
3. I linked the two tables together via the field "ID".
4. In Main, I entered one record with ID=1 and Name="TSGal"
5. In Phones, I entered five records all containing ID=1 with the following values for Phone:
6. In the Main layout, I created a portal into Phones table showing only the Phone field.
7. In the portal, I added a rectangle with a red fill, and in the Inspector, under the Data tab and the Behavior section, I added the condition under "Hide object when" to: Left ( Phones::Phone ; 3 ) ≠ "408"
8. As expected, the red box only appears for the portal row where the Phone number begins with "408"
9. When I switch to Preview, the lone box appears. The box does not appear for the other rows.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the issue.
One of the other support technicians (TSFalcon) pointed out that you were using "Hide when printing" from the Inspector -> Position -> Sliding & Visibility.
I can definitely replicate the issue, and our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue. Another person on the FileMaker forum has also encountered this issue at:
I have attached your post to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will let you know.
Until this is changed, use the workaround outlined in my previous post.
This issue has been fixed in FileMaker Pro 14.0.1.