4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 8:04 AM by IrakliIsakadze

ODBC Error   (Server dose not support 4-byte encoded UTF8 characters)

IrakliIsakadze

Summary

ODBC Error   (Server dose not support 4-byte encoded UTF8 characters)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 13.0v3

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

I'm trying to use FileMaker to upload data to MySQL database table so that it can be used on the website.
      I was able to successfully get this working when I'm using FileMaker 12.
      I have tried different versions of the ODBC Connector Driver but get the same results, no matter what i do i keep getting that error message every time i try to make changes using FileMaker 13.

I have tried disabling 360Works Plug-In and restarting FileMaker, still no results.

I seems to be having problem changing fields that are "TEXT" or "CHAR" format in MySQL.

Please help.!!!
      Thanks
      -Irakli

Steps to reproduce the problem

1) Install ODBC Connector Driver (v5.2.4) on the server
      2) Open "ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit)"
      3) under "System DSN" click ADD and fill out all the needed info to connect to SQL server database
      4) Open FileMaker and go to "Manage External Data Sources"
      5) Click "New" and then assign: name, type=ODBC, under "DSN" click specify and you should see the "Data Source Name" that you named the connection on the server side.
      6) select it and click OK and OK. (Connection is established now)
      7) Go to "Manage Database" under "Relationships" click add a Table
      8) pick "Database Source" (name of MySQL that you gave)
      9) select table and click OK
      10) go to that tables layout and try changing existing data or adding new record.
      11) ERROR message some up every time you try to alter any "TEXT" or "CHAR" fields.

Expected result

Expecting for it to make changes to the MySQL database table without any error messages, which will allow importing process to go through successfully.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

ODBC Error: [MySQL][ODBC 5.2(w) Driver][mysqld-5.1.58]Server does not support 4-byte encoded UTF8 characters.

FileMaker_ODBC_error.png