Thank you for your post.
Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue. I have attached your post to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will let you know.
And does the same thing happen on Macs?
An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.
I'm not sure this is a bug or not. MySQL 5.2(w) is a unicode version of the driver that does cause the noted error. There is also a 5.2(a) version available, which is ansi and does work properly with FMS 12 in combo with FMP 13 (haven't tried it on FMS 13, but it made all the difference for me on FMS 12).
I GOT IT WORKING…!!!
Unfortunately I don’t have MAC to be able to test it out there, so no I don’t know if same thing happened on MAC.
I have tried using ODBC Connector
v5.1.0 (a) & (w)
v5.2.2 (a) & (w)
both 32bit & 64bit – none of them were working with FileMaker 13, meaning they all were giving same error message.
After “howards” mentioned (a), I have tested v5.2.3 (a) & v5.2.4 (a) both 64bit, and it seems to be working fine now. I no longer get that error message about “encoded UTF8”.
So it’s pretty much testing game, you have to keep trying until you get one that is working. Just work your way from top(latest version) to bottom(oldest version).
Actual file name that I am using right now is “mysql-connector-odbc-5.2.4-ansi-winx64.msi”
Here is the link to the website where you could download previous versions of ODBC Connector just in case if you don’t have it.
Special thanks to “howards” and everyone else who tried to help out.