Summary

OnGestureTap w/Get(TriggerGestureInfo) cannot detect double taps

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS7.0.4

Description of the issue

No matter how rapidly I double tap the screen, I am unable to use this trigger/get function combination to detect a double tap.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Download this test file, created brand new in FileMaker 13 advanced: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78737945/OnGestureTapBugDemo.fmp12
      Or create your own file with the OnGestureTap trigger set to perform this script:

Show Custom Dialog [ Get ( TriggerGestureInfo ) ]

Host the file or copy it to your iOS device.

Try double tapping the screen with a single finger.

Expected result

Tap
      x coordinates of Tap
      y coordinates of Tap

Actual result

Tap
      x coordinates of Tap
      y coordinates of Tap

Once or twice out of countless attempts I actually got 2 as the second value.

Configuration information

Tested on an iPhone 4s after rebooting phone to make sure that all possible additional factors have been eliminated.

• 1. Re: OnGestureTap w/Get(TriggerGestureInfo) cannot detect double taps

PhilModJunk:

Thank you for your post.

The custom dialog is being triggered by the first tap. The user's 2nd tap would trigger the script a 2nd time.

The test file shows a custom dialog attached to the OnGestureTap trigger, which will never show the second tap because the first tap will activate the dialog.

As a workaround: 

1. Lock the screen's zoom to 100% with an OnLayoutLoad script trigger

2. Place a merge variable on the layout <<$$VAR>> and name the object "A"

3. Run the following OnGestureTap script trigger:

Set Variable [$$VAR; Value:Get ( TriggerGestureInfo )

Refresh Object [Object Name: "A"]

This method allowed me to capture "2" for the number of taps.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: OnGestureTap w/Get(TriggerGestureInfo) cannot detect double taps
            philmodjunk

Clearly, the documentation on this new script trigger needs improvement.

This does raise implementation issues for what I had in mind. I was hoping to combine the functions of two buttons into one to save precious square millimeters of layout space. A single tap would activate the button and perform a script to edit a child record, while a double tap would open the parent record for editing. Right now I can't see a way to have a single tap and a double tap at the same coordinates produce two different results without some sort of built in delay that isn't really desirable....