Thank you for your post.
I am not able to replicate the problem. This is what I have done.
1. I created a new database file, Test.fp7 with two text fields, Name1 and Name2.
2. I created two nearly identical scripts, Name1script and Name2script:
If [ Name1 = "TSGal"]
Show Custom Dialog [ "Congratulations" ; "TSGal" ]
(Name2script uses the Name2 field)
3. I set a script trigger for Name1 for OnObjectModify to execute Name1script.
4. I set a script trigger for Name2 for OnObjectKeystroke to execute Name2script.
5. I tested this out for both fields, and the custom dialog appears when TSGal is entered.
6. I set the file to be shared over the network.
7. I launched FileMaker Go on my iPad and connected as a guest. I created a new record, and after each keystroke to both fields, the keyboard remained displayed, even after entering "TSGal".
8. I launched FileMaker Go on my iPod touch and connected as a guest. Same result.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you. I will try to replicate the problem here.
sorry, I realise my script was switching modes, which causes this behaviour. You can download the file here :
http://www.1-more-thing.com/10-Techniques-for-FileMaker-10.html (choose the 'Type ahead' file)
In the list view, you can see the problem.
Thank you for the sample file.
The script shows that you are changing modes (from Browse to Find to Browse), so the keyboard is hidden when you perform the Find (since no field is active at that time), and once the records are found and you put your cursor back in the field, the keyboard appears again. I believe this is acting as it should, and I can't think of a viable workaround. I tried using "Freeze Window" before Enter Find Mode, but the keyboard still hides itself when Enter Find Mode is encountered. There is no "Freeze Keyboard" option.
I have forwarded your file to Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for feedback. Assuming this is acting as expected, I would suggest you also enter this into our Feature Requests web form at:
This request will be read by Development and Product Management where it will then be discussed and considered for a future release.
When I receive additional information from these departments, I will let you know.
thanks for your reply.
I posted it as a feature request : IMHO, the script should wait until idle mode before deciding to hide the keyboard.
One year later I have same problem with the onObjectModify-find-method.
The keyboard disappears and reappears as each character is entered and each find executes. Freeze Window does not help, but I wish it would.
Feature Request submitted as follows:
When using the onObjectModify-find-method, the keyboard disappears and reappears as each character is entered and each find executes, interrupting typing where it would have executed smoothly in FileMaker Pro. Freeze Window does not help, but I wish it would hold the keyboard in place somehow while script triggering.
Please note this issue reported one year ago: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/9578909b4c#159581