1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2012 1:25 PM by TSGal

OnOpenFirstWindow doesn't appear in Script Debugger when opening another file

DamonCasey

Summary

OnOpenFirstWindow doesn't appear in Script Debugger when opening another file

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v4

Operating system version

Mac OS X

Description of the issue

When a file opens a related file using the Open File script step, the referenced file's opening script doesn't appear in the Script Debugger when the OnOpenFirstWindow script trigger is fired. The script is performed though and the script does appear in the Script Debugger when the file is opened directly using FileMaker's Open... command

Steps to reproduce the problem

Use a script in one file to open another file

Expected result

The script triggered from the OnOpenFirstWindow script trigger should appear in the Script Debugger.

Actual result

The script doesn't appear, although the script is performed.

• 1. Re: OnOpenFirstWindow doesn't appear in Script Debugger when opening another file
          TSGal

DamonCasey:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

I am unable to reproduce the problem with FileMaker Pro 11.0v4 Advanced under Mac OS X 10.7.2.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created a new database file named Test1.fp7, created one Text field "Text", and created one blank record.

2. I created a script that goes to the first record (since it is the only record), and Set Field [ Text ; Get (CurrentDate) ]

3. I set the File Options to execute this script when the file is opened.

4. I closed the file, and reopened the file to verify the script worked.  I cleared out the entry and closed the file.

5. I created a new database file named Test2.fp7, created one Text field "Text 2", and created one blank record.

6. I created a new script, "Open File" with the following script steps:

Go to Layout [ original layout ]
          Show Custom Dialog [ "Open File" ; "Open File" ]
          Open File [ "Test1.fp7" ]
          Show Custom Dialog [ "Finished" ; "Finished" ]

7. I turn on the Script Debugger and Data Viewer

8. I execute the script "Open File" and step through each step.  When the script reaches the "Open File" script step, the Call Stack shows the script from Test1.fp7 listed first, with the commands displayed at top, and the "Open File" script from Test2.fp7 listed below it.  I then step through the script steps in Test1.fp7 before returning to finish the script in Test2.fp7

Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate it here.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.