Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.
I am unable to reproduce the problem with FileMaker Pro 11.0v4 Advanced under Mac OS X 10.7.2. Here are the steps I took:
1. I created a new database file named Test1.fp7, created one Text field "Text", and created one blank record.
2. I created a script that goes to the first record (since it is the only record), and Set Field [ Text ; Get (CurrentDate) ]
3. I set the File Options to execute this script when the file is opened.
4. I closed the file, and reopened the file to verify the script worked. I cleared out the entry and closed the file.
5. I created a new database file named Test2.fp7, created one Text field "Text 2", and created one blank record.
6. I created a new script, "Open File" with the following script steps:
Go to Layout [ original layout ]
Show Custom Dialog [ "Open File" ; "Open File" ]
Open File [ "Test1.fp7" ]
Show Custom Dialog [ "Finished" ; "Finished" ]
7. I turn on the Script Debugger and Data Viewer
8. I execute the script "Open File" and step through each step. When the script reaches the "Open File" script step, the Call Stack shows the script from Test1.fp7 listed first, with the commands displayed at top, and the "Open File" script from Test2.fp7 listed below it. I then step through the script steps in Test1.fp7 before returning to finish the script in Test2.fp7
Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate it here.