AntonDecker

Summary

open a FMP file from windows on a Mac

Product

FileMaker Pro

Operating system version

mac

Description of the issue

I made a database on FMP for windows. I then emailed the file to my mac. When I open the file on my mac I am not able to see any text in the fields in the layouts. Can anyone advise me please.

• 1. Re: open a FMP file from windows on a Mac
          philmodjunk

What version of the Mac OS do you have? 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?

Try opening the file on your Mac, then enter layout mode and change the font for some of the text and see if it becomes visible. If so, there are known issues with Snow Leopard and Fonts that may be the source of your trouble here.

• 2. Re: open a FMP file from windows on a Mac
            AntonDecker

Thanks. I am using Snow Leopard. The strange thing is that my desk top and my laptop both have the latest version of Snow Leopard on. Yet, when I open the file made in windows on the desktop it works fine. When I open it on the laptop then I can't see the fonts in the layouts. I spoke to the FMP people and they think it may have something to do with Rosetta not being installed on the laptop. I have not been home to try the fix yet.

• 3. Re: open a FMP file from windows on a Mac
              philmodjunk

Past issues like this have been solved by removing the offending font or font suitcase from the Snow Leopard system and this could be something that's different between your two Snow Leopard systems. You can probably pull up a more detail on this issue if you search this forum for "Snow Leopard" and "Font".