1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2009 8:16 AM by TSGal

Open csv file to crash FileMaker Pro Advanced

CamelCase

Summary

Open csv file to crash FileMaker Pro Advanced

Description of the issue

This happens not quite every time I do the same thing, but often enough to make it a nuisance (say 20% of the time). I'm working in FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 and run a script that exports a file as csv (using Exports field contents from a global field). I then open the csv file with FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3 and scroll around looking at the data. When I try to go back to the initial FileMaker file - which has remained open - FileMaker Pro Advanced sometimes crashes. When I re-open the file, FileMaker runs the consistency check, which of course always makes me nervous (in my case, I'm always doing this on an offline copy of the production database, so I don't really care if the file is damaged). I've sent the issue report to Apple quite a few times, but I'm not sure if they go into FileMaker-specific bugs (if that is indeed what it is).Please let me know what more information you need - I've got the crash report from the last time this happened.Hardware Overview:  Model Name:    MacBook  Model Identifier:    MacBook4,1  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo  Processor Speed:    2.4 GHz  Number Of Processors:    1  Total Number Of Cores:    2  L2 Cache:    3 MB  Memory:    2 GB  Bus Speed:    800 MHz  Boot ROM Version:    MB41.00C1.B00  SMC Version (system):    1.31f0  Serial Number (system):    W8809GFD0P1  Hardware UUID:    560EC070-F751-55FC-AEF0-D9E2753471D9  Sudden Motion Sensor:  State:    Enabled 

• 1. Re: Open csv file to crash FileMaker Pro Advanced
          TSGal

DavidWikstrom:

Thank you for your post.

Although I'm unable to duplicate the problem, I have access to two Macs (one with Leopard; the other Snow Leopard) so I should be able to replicate the problem with your files.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.