open url and export field contents does not work with images

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v4 FMP advanced

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008

Description of the issue

please see the post in the forum for specifics ...

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/26bc8e5e4d?commentId=290539#290539

• 1. Re: open url and export field contents does not work with images
          TSGal

Randy Mauro:

Thank you for your post.

The Windows Server 2008 available to me are all running FileMaker Server; not Pro.

Microsoft marks Server 2008 the same as Vista, and since Vista requires SP2, make sure your Windows Server 2008 also has SP2.  Otherwise, FileMaker Pro will have other issues.

Regardless, I have forwarded your posts to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: open url and export field contents does not work with images
            gethappy@happypc.com

we are running R2 SP1, which is newer than SP2.  It is the most recent version of the OS.  Good thought though!  thank you.

• 3. Re: open url and export field contents does not work with images
              TSGal

Randy Mauro:

Here are some notes from one of the testers:

By default, the Photo Viewer in Server 2008 R2 is not enabled.  Double-clicking  JPG images will open in Paint.  To enable Photo Viewer, follow these steps:

1. Go into Control Panel and select Administrative Tools.

2. Click Server Manager select Features -> Add -> Desktop Experience -> Install -> Click Add Required Features and Click Install button.

3. After installation is complete, click Close and restart Windows Server 2008 R2.

4. After Photo Viewer is enabled, set the default association  programs for .jpg/.jpeg as "Windows Photo Gallery".

This will now work with FileMaker Pro.

The Paint application, even under Windows 7, if set as the default association, automatically open does not work.

-----

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.