AnsweredAssumed Answered

Open URL script step

Question asked by Nico_Kobes on Oct 8, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 by TSGal

Summary

Open URL script step

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

10.10

Description of the issue

We have a workfile where we want to choose a relation for our other relation database. We use the Open URL script step with a calculated url:
"FMP://fmserver.kunstbalie.nl/Relaties.fmp12?script=ZoekInstelling&param=" & Get ( ScriptParameter ) & "&$file=" & $file

Then we search in the relation database and click a button 'choose this relation' and this also uses the Open URL script step to fire a script in the database where we started from and set the id.

The things that go wrong now are:

An extra window opens for the database where we started from (this did not happen under 10.9)
The global variables $$ in the database where we started from are not present anymore! When we open manually a second window of the starting database the global variables ARE present !

It looks like this new window that opens is sandboxed or something like that.

I tried this again with the Second Golden Master of 10.10 and the problem still exist

Steps to reproduce the problem

2 databases
In first database set a few global variables $$var etc.
1 script with Open URL step that calls the second database
1 script with Open URL step that calls the first database (this opens a second window without the global variables)

Expected result

1 window of the first (starting) database with the global variables present

Actual result

2 window2 of the first (starting) database with NO global variables present

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no errors

Outcomes