2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 3:21 PM by TSGal

opens but won't respond (ie Sort, etc),won't change

RaeChellMartinez

Summary

opens but won't respond (ie Sort, etc),won't change &/or show records, won't print, etc.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

HP 6535b

Description of the issue

All went well for years. We recently started using KalaidaCare online; I wonder if this has affected FMP? I got tech support on the computer, which is OK, but FMP is very disabled. Right after the tech support, it was OK for one day. Then I used KC again. FMP is now worse than ever. It started out as freezing when I'd try to print. It moved to not wanting to show all records, find record(s), change from one record to another, change from one form to another. Now it brings up a blank screen on one of my data bases, with a useless tool bar at the top.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I got tech support on the computer, and the computer is OK, but FMP is very disabled. I, of course, restart, reboot, remove battery & reboot. That used to occasionally pay off, but no more.

Expected result

I would very much like to be able to use my Filemaker Pro, which contains all the vital data for me to do my job efficiently. I expect to be able to do so when you tell me how to fix the problem.

Actual result

nothing

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

They appear after I close the program (when it will close without having to force quit the computer from running), and I send them to you as directed. They just say to send error report.

Once it said I was trying to do something that wasn't supported.

Configuration information

Thanks to the responder!

Workaround

none

• 1. Re: opens but won't respond (ie Sort, etc),won't change &/or show records, won't print, etc.
          philmodjunk

HP 6535b is not an operating system. I'd guess you have a computer manufactured by Hewlett Packard which would make this a windows system, most likely running Windows XP. If so, go to My Computer and right click it. Select Properties. The window that now appears will identify the operating system and also what service packs are installed. That's the info you should report as the Operating Sytem Version.

I also suggest that you click Edit POst and remove your phone number and email address. There are unscrupulous folks that can use software to scan web pages like these and "scrape" such personal info for use in spam and other such things. If Filemaker Inc or someone else needs to contact you privately, they can use the Private Message feature of this forum to contact you.

• 2. Re: opens but won't respond (ie Sort, etc),won't change &/or show records, won't print, etc.
            TSGal

RaeChell Martinez:

Thank you for your post.

Have you tried reinstalling FileMaker Pro?  That is, uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of FileMaker Pro 9.  Then, use your file to see if anything has changed.  Also, do you have a backup file prior to when the problems started?  If your original file is damaged in some way, then revert to a copy that was working correctly.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.