Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

OS X Yosemite

Description of the issue

I just upgraded my computer from OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite

*.jpg images in layout that are bigger then 36cm x 36cm will become black when you zoom from 200% to 300% or 400%.

This was not a problem when I was running Mavericks and became an issue the moment I upgraded to Yosemite.

Steps to reproduce the problem

This always happens now unfortunately.

Workaround

I have considered downgrading my computer to Mavericks. Cutting the images into smaller images might work but is time consuming as hell...

I'm kinda panicking, I need this fixed!

PS: I know big pictures in layout is not a good Idea and we do not keep them in there for long(deleted when layout ready). Inserting these pictures is only one important step of the process we have and without this step we have a big problem...

• 1. Re: OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite images problems
          TSGal

Gjallandi:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Under Mac OS X 10.10, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v3, and created a database file "File.fmp12".

2. I created one Container field "Container" and set it for Images (non-interactive).

3. I inserted a JPG file that is 3264 x 2448 pixels.  The size is 45.33 inches wide by 34 inches height.

4. I zoom to 200%, 300% and 400%.  The image still appears and does not become black.

Do you have any plug-ins installed?  If so, temporarily disable them.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite images problems
            Gjallandi

Thank you for replying to my problem. I am sorry if things are getting lost in translation. I maid a video showing the problem so you can see and hopefully recreate and fix in the future.

I will send you the link and password to your inbox.

• 3. Re: OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite images problems
              TSGal

Gjallandi:

I viewed the video, and I would like to see the JPG file that does not expand to 400% (or even 300%).  Check your private messages for instructions where to send the file(s).

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite images problems
                TSGal

Gjallandi:

I received your image.  Thank you.

I am still unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. In FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 under Mac OS X 10.10, I created a table with a Container field.

2. In Layout Mode, using the default "Enlightened" theme, I sized the Body to 41cm width by 55cm height.

3. I sized the Container field 40cm wide by 52cm height.

4. In Browse mode, I created a new record, and inserted the image.  The image takes up most of the page.

5. I then zoomed to 150%, 200%, 300% and 400%, and the image displays properly.

Let me know what else to try here to replicate the issue.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.