4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 9:46 AM by TSGal

Page Margins in Layout Mode

Captain

Summary

Page Margins in Layout Mode

Description of the issue

Set Page Margins on in layout mode then scroll down the page and back up. Wow, but don't freak out the layout looses focus and the page appears to melt away and return like a special effect in a Queen video. Repeating itself over and over. To fix, just turn off Page Margins, which is a little annoying especially if you want then on. MacBook Air OSX 10.6.2FMP Advanced 11.0v1 This only occurred in one file, I tested a second file and all was as expected, ie normal. Hard case eh.

• 1. Re: Page Margins in Layout Mode
          TSGal

Captain:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem, and since you are not having problems with other files, it appears either the layout is corrupt or the file is corrupt.

Does this only occur on one layout?  Or, does this occur with every layout in this file?  If the former, you may have a corrupt layout, where if the latter, a corrupt file.  In either case, try running a Recover on the file (from the File menu) and see if the problem persists using the recovered file.

If it turns out to be a layout, you can rebuild the layout using pieces from the original layout.  Do not duplicate the layout as this could possibly bring in the corruption.

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Page Margins in Layout Mode
            Captain

Actually I found that this issue had previously been reported in a different thread listed under: Using FileMaker Pro.

I tried to duplicate the bug in different layouts and it was present in all those I checked. It was also present in a different file.

The other tread suggested the following link as reference to a bug report which may be the same bug.

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/t5/Report-a-bug/Edit-Layout-Report-in-Pro-11-Screen-turns-to-gray-when...

Thanks for your suggestions, Cheers.

• 3. Re: Page Margins in Layout Mode
              TSGal

Captain:

Thank you for the link.

This appears to be a problem with the graphics accelerator turned on.  This has already been reported to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments, and they are aware of the issue.  I have attached your post to the case.

The link you provided resolved to a blank page, so I edited the link so it takes the user to the appropriate forum post.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Page Margins in Layout Mode
                TSGal

Captain:

My apologies.  I had the link confused with a different issue.  This has not yet been reported to Development or Testing as I am still trying to get more information from the users.

Pull down the Apple menu and select "About this Mac".  Can you tell me what video driver you are using?  Anything else you can provide to help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.