2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 7:58 AM by geekoman

    Page setup issue

    geekoman

      Summary

      Page setup issue

      Product

      FileMaker Pro

      Version

      11.0v4

      Operating system version

      Mac OS 10.7.2

      Description of the issue

      The page setup keeps changing on its own when printing. I'll go to File>Page Setup and specify our Xerox printer. The records will print just fine for a several sessions, then suddenly revert to a basic page setup that causes the pages to print incorrectly (margins all off), with no changes to anything, no shutdowns, etc. We've used this database since 1994 (!) and this has never been an issue until upgrading to Version 11 and Mac Lion. Have another user in the office with the exact same setup experiencing the same issue, while others with older Filemaker and Mac Snow Leopard having no problem. Any ideas?

        • 1. Re: Page setup issue
          TSGal

          geekoman:

          Thank you for your post.

          Is the same Print Setup being used for all printing?  Or, do you have scripts with Print Setup being called several times?  Have you tried creating a script with the Print Setup and Print steps, and then when you need to print, reference that script?  Do you notice if this printing change occurs with a specific file?  specific layout?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

          TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

          • 2. Re: Page setup issue
            geekoman

            No script is used for printing, all done through the Print dialog box manually. Choosing All Pages and Current File and Print. Also, I should mention that even after it prints incorrectly, when you choose Page Setup again, the proper printer is still selected. So I don't have to re-select the printer. I just open the Page Setup dialog box, click OK, and then it prints correctly.

            I just experimented to see if I can replicate the problem. I printed the same record, same layout, 4 times in a row, worked fine. Switched to another layout, same record, printed fine. Switched to a third layout and ran a script, came back to the first layout, and it then printed incorrectly. So I looked at the script and noted that it did have a Page Setup/restore step, so I deleted that and tried again. This time everything printed fine.

            But again, it seems random, so I will continue to observe and report back if it happens again. Perhaps that Page Setup step was messing it up. As I mentioned, it's worked without a hitch for 18 years, and this only started once we switched to Lion and v.11. Nothing was altered in the database, same printer, etc.