Summary

Password is display on mobile iOS

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS 6.1.3

Description of the issue

I use web clip push into devices to direct FM file so user don't have to select the files on the server.

When entering the password field, the letters are not replace with dots, but you can read the password.

We use our solution at customer's home...

Steps to reproduce the problem

Install a web clip

fmp://your.server.ip/file.fmp12

Expected result

hidden password

Actual result

password is display

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

IMG_0423.PNG

• 1. Re: Password is display on mobile iOS
          TSGal

Jean-Francois Fortier:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I did:

1. I created a web-clip that references a file that is password-protected on one of our servers.

2. I emailed the web-clip to my iPad3.

3. On my iPad 3 (running iOS 7), I installed the web-clip on the home screen.

4. I tapped the web-clip icon, FileMaker Go launches, and after a few seconds (searching for the file), the Opening File window appears prompting me for Account name and Password.  The Account Name displays as normal characters, and the password displays as expected with bullet points.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate it here.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Password is display on mobile iOS
            Benjamin Fehr

iPhone 4 | FM Go 12.0.8 | iOS 7.0.3

I can't replicate the problem, but there's a remarkable delay when normal characters one-by-one turning into bullet points. Though you could see last normal character for about 2 seconds.

• 3. Re: Password is display on mobile iOS
              Jean-Francois

Well I had this problem randomly !

Just re-test it, and the bullet appears...

let me do more testing, but as you can see on the screen capture, it did it ! and that's not a custom portal, it's the french version of it.

I will test the return to the file after a wile... I have the authentification set to 30 mins... maybe it's when the delay as expired and need to relog into the file after it was left open....

Also is it possible to remove the auto-correction into the user and password field ?? Does Apple allow this on specific field ??

Every time I enter my password, the auto correct replace, unless I click on the X.

• 4. Re: Password is display on mobile iOS
                Benjamin Fehr

Auto-Correction can be set-off in FM Go's general Setup Menu. But not only for password field but for entire application!

• 5. Re: Password is display on mobile iOS
                  Jean-Francois

Auto-Correction can be turn off IN the apps, but not in the username and psw... I fix my problem, my iDevice is jailbroken and I add a tweak call "manual correct" and it will do the opposite as iOS will do, I will need to click on the propose correction to accept it !

But still that didn't affect the fact the some time, the psw is still display... guess with the new Go 13 it will be fixed ?? and with a price of 180$ per connection hope it will work perfectly !!