2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 3:54 AM by Fred(CH)

password not stored in keychain

GeorgeSchurr

Summary

password not stored in keychain

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

With V1 and V2 once you entered the account name and password to login to a database and checked the remember me option you would not have to enter it again.  In v3 it does not recall that and you have to reenter the password each time.

Steps to reproduce the problem

login to database again

Expected result

logs in automatically

Actual result

does not

• 1. Re: password not stored in keychain
          TSGal

George Schurr:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Under Mac OS X 10.9.5, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v3 and created a file "File.fmp12".

2. I went into File Options, turned off "Log in using", and clicked OK.

3. To verify this worked, I closed and reopened File.fmp12, and I am prompted for Account Name and password.

4. I entered "Admin" for the Account Name, left the Password field blank, and checked the option "Remember this password in my keychain".  I clicked OK, and the file opened.

5. I closed and reopened File.fmp12, and the file opens without being prompted for the Account Named and Password.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: password not stored in keychain
            Fred(CH)

Hi George,

It generally occurs just after you installed a FileMaker Pro update.

Restart your computer will almost surely solve it.

Bye, Fred