cmc1234

Summary

Password request suddenly appears

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

8.0 and 7.0

Description of the issue

All of a sudden, my FileMaker Pro database has started asking for a password--and I never set a password. Now I can't access my database.  Is there anything I can do, other than deleting the whole file and building my database from scratch?

• 1. Re: Password request suddenly appears
          davidhead

Hi cmc1234

What has happened recently with your files? Have you converted them to v7/8 from a previous version?

Have you changed the File Options?

If you have never set a password, try username admin with no password - that is the default for a new file.

TS_Oz, FileMaker Inc.

• 2. Re: Password request suddenly appears
            PeterCramer

I have the same issue. I am running FM Pro 8. Today it started asking for a password on the only file i have, which I have been using regularly for the last 5 years or so.

I tried putting "admin" with the password blank, but no luck.

I tried reinstalling FM, but no luck. I was able to open a 3-month-old version of the file at home after installing FM for the first time, so now I wonder if my install at work was not clean. Are there files I need to remove to make it a really clean install?

I will try opening the current version of the file at home later.

This is pretty disconcerting, so any help is greatly appreciated.

-----

Update 11/19/2011

It turned out to be a keychain issue--I had a password with an old username, which I was able to retrieve from the keychain.