Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. Here are the steps I took:
1. On a Mac OS X 10.8.5 machine, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v3.
2. I created a file Test.fmp12 that includes two fields:
3. I added a record and entered into the Name field "FileMaker".
4. I copied the contents to the clipboard.
5. I put my cursor in the Container field, pulled down the Insert menu and selected "Picture...".
6. In the Insert Picture dialog box, I put my cursor in the Search box and pressed command-V. "FileMaker" then appeared in the search box.
7. Since you mentioned "Spotlight", I clicked the Spotlight icon in the upper right corner of the Finder, pressed command-V, and "FileMaker" appeared in Spotlight.
8. I then switched to my Mac OS X 10.9.3 machine and repeated the steps above, successfully.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.