Paste Keyboard Shortcut Broken in Spotlight in Insert Picture, Others

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.8.5

Description of the issue

When doing an insert Picture with some text in the clipboard that you want to paste into the Spotlight search field in the File Open dialog box, when you click into the Spotlight search field and press Cmd-V it just beeps.  If you then go to the "Edit" menu and just drop it down without selecting anything (the Paste Cmd-V item is black not gray) and then do a Cmd-V it works.  The same problem occurs with Insert File and possibly others.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Copy some text into the clipboard that is what you want to search the file system for.
      In a window with a container document in browse mode, right-click on the container and select "Insert Picture" and the "Insert Picture" choose file dialog box appears.  Click into the Spotlight search field and press CMD-V.  You get a beep.  Now go to the "Edit" menu and drop it down without selecting anything noticing that the Paste CMD-V item is enabled.  Now type Cmd-V and the text will paste into the Spotlight search field

Expected result

CMD-V should paste when clicked into the Spotlight field without having to click on the Edit menu.

Actual result

It just beeps.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

Solution hosted on Windows Server 2008 R2 using FileMaker Server 13.0v2

Workaround

Click on the "Edit" menu

• 1. Re: Paste Keyboard Shortcut Broken in Spotlight in Insert Picture, Others
          TSGal

John Duncan:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  Here are the steps I took:

1. On a Mac OS X 10.8.5 machine, I launched FileMaker Pro 13.0v3.

2. I created a file Test.fmp12 that includes two fields:
                  Name (Text)
                  Picture (Container)

3. I added a record and entered into the Name field "FileMaker".

4. I copied the contents to the clipboard.

5. I put my cursor in the Container field, pulled down the Insert menu and selected "Picture...".

6. In the Insert Picture dialog box, I put my cursor in the Search box and pressed command-V.  "FileMaker" then appeared in the search box.

7. Since you mentioned "Spotlight", I clicked the Spotlight icon in the upper right corner of the Finder, pressed command-V, and "FileMaker" appeared in Spotlight.

8. I then switched to my Mac OS X 10.9.3 machine and repeated the steps above, successfully.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.