8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 11:33 AM by TSGal

Pasted images not appearing via IWP

seank

Summary

Pasted images not appearing via IWP

Description of the issue

I've noticed that images pasted in to a layout are not appearing when viewed via IWP, but images added using "insert -> Picture..." are appearing. Tried JPEG, PNG, and GIF.  FMP Advanced 11, and also tried the same files created in FMP Advanced 10 but hosted by FMP 10 Server. Running Mac OS X 10.6.3, and tried this in Safari and Camino.

• 1. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
          TSGal

seank:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate this issue.  However, here are some additional findings.

With FileMaker Pro 11 running OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard), pasting an image onto the layout does not display in Instant Web Publishing

With FileMaker Pro 11 running OS X 10.5.8 (Snow Leopard), Inserting picture files onto the layout does not display in Instant Web Publishing (pasting images do display)

With FileMaker Pro 10, pasted images and inserted files both display.

Side note....  After pasting the image into the layout with FileMaker Pro 10 running OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard), close the database file and open it under FileMaker Pro 10.  Use that with Instant Web Publishing and the image does not display, so the operating system where you created the pasted image is saved with the layout.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When I have more information for you, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
            seank

Thanks for your reply.

Very helpful, as always.

• 3. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
              designr

I was able to easily work around this by:

1. copying the jpgs from a layout/container in a database running on FMPro 11, then

2. pasting them onto a layout in a database running on FMPro 10, then

3. copying them from the layout in the database running on FMPro 10, and

4. pasting them back into the layout/container in the database running on FMPro 11.

Simple. I believe this has something to do with the colorsync profiles...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2273454&start=0&tstart=0

http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2204862&start=0&tstart=0

Arcane issue to say the least. I ran into it a while back with iPhoto. Essentially the same solution using Graphic Converter to re-save the jpgs.

• 4. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
                TSGal

All:

Testing has confirmed the original problem and sent it on to Development.

My inserting picture on Leopard (10.5.8) DOES display in Instant Web Publishing.  I originally had my settings for inserting as a reference, and I forgot to put the image in the Web folder.  Therefore, the only issue is pasting into a layout using Snow Leopard.  Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
                  RobSteward

Hello,

I discovered this same problem and I found this bug report.

I'm a little concerned to see that this issue was confirmed by Testing and went to Development over 8 months ago.

Any updates?

Thanks,

Rob Steward

• 6. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
                    TSGal

Rob Steward:

Thank you for your post.

There is no additional information at this time.

TSGal
                    FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
                      JohnDCCIU

Amazing: a year and a half after this bug was first reported and still outstanding.

With this and the other outstanding bugs lying around in v11, I wonder where my very significant software maintenance fees are going....sigh.

Someone might want to wake up the development team and ask them to start fixing bugs....

• 8. Re: Pasted images not appearing via IWP
                        TSGal

JohnDCCIU:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Yes, the issue is still outstanding with FileMaker Pro 11.  No other information is available at this time.

I have attached your comments to the original report.

TSGal
                        FileMaker, Inc.