5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 4:08 PM by philmodjunk

PDF  does not output certain fields.

patrick.risch

Summary

PDF  does not output certain fields.

Description of the issue

Error:Certain Fields Content is missing on saved PDFs. Printing a Layout with the "Save as PDF" does not process certain field content.Using the MacOS built in function to save a pdf instead of printing it, will show the field content all right on the pdf.   Patrick 

• 1. Re: PDF  does not output certain fields.
          TSGal

patrick.risch:

Thank you for your post.

Can you be a little more specific what field content isn't displaying?  Do you have "Records being Browsed" selected?  Any additional information you can provide will help narrow down the possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: PDF  does not output certain fields.
            patrick.risch

Hi TSGal

It was no list output, therefore I selected the "current record only" option.

The not fields not being output  where simply blank, even there was content in it. There was no conditional formatting for the fields selected.

Another weird thing was, that the colours of other field-content did not show in the colour set, rather the where plain black, instead of a special colour (a RGB mixture).

Patrick 

• 3. Re: PDF  does not output certain fields.
              TSGal

patrick.risch:

Thank you for the additional information, and I apologize for the late reply.

I'm having some difficulty duplicating the problem, as I have set up several fields with special colours.  The output for both "Save as PDF" and Mac OS PDF print are identical.  I know this doesn't help you, so if possible, I would like to get a sample file from you so I can duplicate the problem easier.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: PDF  does not output certain fields.
                sportyguy209

I don't see a reply to this issue and I am having the same problem.

If I output a specific record through a script as a pdf, I get the background image, but none of the data fields in my pdf.

If I output by printing, and save as pdf, the file saves correctly.

Any ideas what's going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: PDF  does not output certain fields.
                  philmodjunk

There are several replies here, but they boil down to the techs not being able to replicate the issue. Posting to a thread that's two years old means that you may not even be using the same version of FileMaker as the original poster. You might start a new post and asnwer all the questions the new system asks to document what operating system, OS version and fileMaker version you are using to better help the techs to help you.