PDF Images won't display in containers

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Filemaker Pro Advanced 12.04

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

PDF's are stored in containers but won't show - when I click into container the program shells out to Adobe instead of opening adobe in the container

Steps to reproduce the problem

Replaced FM and all references in the registry
      Replaced Adobe
      Tried to system restore back before problem started
      Moved Data Base to other computer with FM and works fine

• 1. Re: PDF Images won't display in containers
          TSGal

John Barlow:

Thank you for your post.

Since the PDF images aren't displaying in the Container fields, I'll assume the Container field is set up for Interactive content.

The only time Adobe should launch is if Adobe is your default application for PDF files, and the PDF file is stored as a reference and you double -click on the PDF icon in the Container field.  However, since you mention that you move the file to another computer with FileMaker Pro and it works, I doubt this is the case.

Also, you mentioned that you replaced all FileMaker references in the Registry.  What else have you done to the Registry?

Since it works on another computer, let's handle the FileMaker Pro side first by uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Pro, as this will then write fresh entries into the Registry.  If the issue still occurs, uninstall and reinstall Adobe Reader.

Any other information you can provide about your computing environment may be helpful.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: PDF Images won't display in containers
            philmodjunk

What is reported here sounds very similar to some earlier reports: PDF's in Container Fields open in Default App automatically