6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2010 9:11 AM by TSGal

pdf operation in snow leopard not working.

ChicagoLarry

Summary

pdf operation in snow leopard not working.

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: 10.0v3Operating System(s) involved: Mac OS10.6.2Detailed description of the issue: None of the PDF print features (Save as PDF, mail as pdf, etc...) will print; error message, "Sorry, not enough memory to complete operation".Exact steps to reproduce the issueExpected ResultActual ResultExact text of any error message(s) that appearedAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue: I was ok with fmp 8.5 working on a G5.  Just got a new Mac Pro w/ snow leopard when the problem started.  I upgraded to fmp 10 thinking it was more up-to-date for snow leopard.  This machine has 3Gb of RAM.  Is this not enough?Any workarounds that you have found

• 1. Re: pdf operation in snow leopard not working.
          TSGal

Chicago Larry:

Thank you for your post.

3Gb or RAM is more than enough.  I have 1GB on my Mac Mini running Mac OS X 10.6.2, and I am able to print or save as PDF without any problem.

First, create a new database file and see if you are able to Save as PDF.  If this works, then there is something specific to the original file.

If creating a new database file doesn't work, then perhaps there is a User account problem.  Create a new user account, log in to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro, create a new database file and print.  Does this work?  If so, then the user account is damaged.  Try running Disk Utility (Applications -> Utilities) and repair disk permissions.

If you still get the error message, are you able to print to a PDF file from any other application?  If not, then it could be a system or Adobe issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: pdf operation in snow leopard not working.
            ChicagoLarry
               I suspect it is a memory problem with my invoice database as all other applications (text edit) are able to email and save as a PDF. All of my filemaker files are having the same problem.  My customer invoice file has 6200 records.  Is this consuming too much memory?  And would this be affecting all the other filemaker files?  I did start a new database file and got the same results (not enough memory to complete operation) when I tried to email as a PDF.
            • 3. Re: pdf operation in snow leopard not working.
              TSGal

Chicago Larry:

Thank you for the additional information.

It is possible your AdobeFnt file is corrupt.  Remove the following file:

User Account -> Library -> Caches -> Adobe -> TypeSpt -> AdobeFntxx.lst

Launch FileMaker Pro, open a file, and try to save as PDF again.  This will create a new AdobeFntxx.lst file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: pdf operation in snow leopard not working.
                Hete.ca

I just tried to remove the fonts cache, and still not working... strangely it works on other applications.

The fact is, i built a little app (stallone app) and it works fine, but with filemaker directly, the same fonction in the print mode won't work.  Only the postscript will save :'(

help ! it's really annoying

Hète

• 5. Re: pdf operation in snow leopard not working.
                  twelfthnite

I have searched every place I could find about creating pdfs.  I upgraded from 9 to 10 and Leopard to Snow Leopard.  The script for "Save Records as pdf" no longer works.  Worked great with 8.5 and 9, but I get the message "cannot create on this disk" I have removed prefs, caches and Adobe Acrobat.  I have repaired permissions.  I have tried specifying the path. I have also tried to open in another user.  Making the pdf file is the primary thing I use Filemaker for.  I have found this problem all over the web but no solution.  The funny thing is that it worked once and I hadn't changed the script.  Thanks in advance for your help.

• 6. Re: pdf operation in snow leopard not working.
                    TSGal

twelfthnite:

Thank you for your post.

Since this used to work, something has obviously changed.

If you get the message "cannot create on this disk", then this is usually caused by either not having enough room on the disk (which I highly doubt), or not having the correct permissions.  Make sure you have full Read & Write privileges to the specific file path, or the file will not be created.  If necessary, log in using the Administrator password and set Read & Write privileges for everyone.

Please continue to keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.