PDFs in Containers have started to open automatically in Adobe Acrobat

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 0v4

Operating system version

windows 7

Description of the issue

I have been using Container optimised for Interactive Contents for displaying embedded PDFs for one year or so. Never had a problem. But now every time I open a record that has a PDF stored in a Container, the PDF pops up automatically in Adobe Acrobat. Therefore I cannot scroll or read the PDF in its FileMaker container anymore and I have to close down Adobe Acrobat to go back to my FileMaker database.

PS

On Jan 2 2014 I contacted FileMaker Technical Support. The answer I got was prompt and kind but also, unfortunately, useless:

"To completely prevent PDFs from automatically loading, you could optimise the container field for Images, instead of Interactive content. I hope it helps"

my full computer specs:

FileMaker Pro Advanced 12 0v4

Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.0.5

windows 7

I posted this issue in http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/b84acea99f?commentId=271993#271993

(please refer to that page for some very interesting and useful comments if you like)

Any tips ideas etc?
      Kind regards Mario aka nerosunero

Steps to reproduce the problem

I open a record that has a PDF stored in a Container.
      The Container is optimised for Interactive Contents

Expected result

To be able to read the embedded PFD from its Container in FileMaker Pro

Actual result

as soon as I entry said record Adobe Acrobat is launched and my PDF appears there

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none

Configuration information

Because I believed this issue might have started when I installed: Digimarc Reader for Images (digimarc.com)on my machine.
      But this can be only a coincidence. I uninstalled Digimarc Reader for Images and the issue persists.
      I disabled all the adds on on Internet Explorer but to no effects either.
      The issue is present even when I start the computer in Safe Mode

Workaround

none

test.jpg