Permission Denied

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro 11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.7

Description of the issue

In February we upgraded to a new version of FileMaker (FileMaker Pro 11.0v2), and everything has been working fine up until this past Friday when we tried to open the database and got this:

The file “WKC Database.fp7” could not be opened.  (Permission Denied)

When I choose to 'Get Info' on the file, under 'Sharing & Permission', the Privilege says 'No Access'. I am able to click on it and change it, but when I go back and try to open the file I keep getting 'The file “WKC Database.fp7” could not be opened.  (Permission Denied)' and the privilege is changed back to 'No Access'.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Simply trying to open the file.

Expected result

Opening the file.

Actual result

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

• 1. Re: Permission Denied
          TSGal

Martha Van Burek:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Something has changed with your file.  If you hold down the option key when accessing the file, are you able to get a prompt for the user name and password?  If so, try entering a full access username and password.  If this fails, then you'll need to revert to your last Backup file.

I know it has been more than two months since your reported this, so if you have found a resolution, please post here so others who encounter the same symptom can benefit.  If you are still having difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.